Well since everyone else is doing it, I, too, want to do the music meme-ish quiz-y thing.
1. I put my media player on random
2. I give you the opening lyrics from each of the first 40 tracks that plays.
3. You guess the song title and the artist, to be selected from below.
4. I bold out the lyric and the artist(s) from the list when guessed correctly.
I'll try to pass on the completely obvious ones, and I won't repeat any bands... Have fun!
The Animals, Beastie Boys, Beatles, Beck
, Blind Melon
, Bob Dylan
, Coldplay, Counting Crows, Crash Test Dummies, Dave Matthews Band, Dionne Warwick, Dishwalla, Eddie Vedder, Eve 6
, Freedy Johnston, Gnarls Barkley, Gorillaz, Green Day, Gym Class Heroes, Interpol, Jimmy Eat World
, Journey, Matchbox 20
, Oasis, Queen
, The Proclaimors
, Radiohead, Sarah McLachlan, She Wants Revenge, Simon & Garfunkel, Sixpence None the Richer, Stone Temple Pilots, Thomas Dolby, Vertical Horizon, Weezer, Weird Al Yankovich
, White Town, The Who
, The Zombies
- I'm on a mission / I made my decision / to lead a path of self destruction
- When she walks down the steet / She knows there's people watching.
- Keep on talking like a novacane hurricane / Low static on the poor man's short-wave (Novacane | Beck)
- Once again, I'm in trouble with my old friend / She is papering the window panes
- As I walk through the valley where I harvest my grain / I take a look at my wife and realize that she's very plain (Amish Paradise | Weird Al)
- If I go / before I'm old / Oh brother of mine, please don't forget me if I go
- Basically I'm complicated / I have a hard time taking the easy way
- I know I've got a bad reputation / and it isn't just talk talk talk
- And I feel that time's a wasted go / so where ya going tomorrow?
- Come on, oh my star is fading / I swerve out of control
- Just tell me what you've got to say to me / I've been waiting for so long to hear the truth
- No one knows what its like / to be the bad man / to be the sad man (Behind Blue Eyes | The Who)
- It must've been mid-afternoon / I could tell by how far the child's shadow stretched out
- Is this the real life? / Is this just fantasy? (Bohemian Rhapsody | Queen)
- Good God! Don't jump! / A boy sat on the ledge. / an old man who had fainted was revived
- If I fall along the way / pick me up and dust me off (Bent | Matchbox 20)
- Slow it down some no split clown / bum, your old hit sound dumb / hold it now, crown 'em
- When I think of heaven / deliver me in a black-winged bird / i think of flying down in a sea of pens and feathers
- Listen as the wind blows across the great divide / voices trapped in yearning, memories trapped in time
- All I can say is that my life is pretty plain / i like watching the puddles gather rain (No Rain | Blind Melon)
- Once there was this kid who got into an accident and couldn't come to school / but when he finally came back / his hair had turned from black into bright white
- So you sailed away into a grey sky morning / now i'm here to stay / love can be so boring
- There is freedom within / there is freedom without / try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
- When I get older, losing my hair / many years from now / will you still be sending me valentines?
- BOOM! and the world mashed up / Well, things get hectic quick / from the satellite dish to your joystick
- Highway run into the midnight sun / wheels go round and round / you're on my mind
- I would swallow my pride / i would choke on the rhines / but the lack thereof would leave me empty inside (Inside Out | Eve 6)
- There must be someway out of here / said the joker to the theif / there's too much confusion / i can't get no relief (All Along the Watchtower | Bob Dylan)
- If you're listening whoooooooooah / Sing it back whooooooah (Sweetness | Jimmy Eat World)
- Baby, do you understand me now? / sometimes i feel a little mad
- Its poetry in motion / she turned her tender eyes to me / as deep as any ocean / as sweet as any harmony
- Take a look at my girlfriend, she's the only one i got / not much of a girlfriend, i never seem to get a lot
- If you see me walking down the street / and i start to cry, each time we meet
- When I wake up yeah, i know i'm gonna be / i'm gonna be the man who wakes up next to you (I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) | The Proclaimors)
- Where do bad folks go when they die? / they don't go to heaven where the angels fly (Lake of Fire | Nirvana)
- Here I stand, head in hand / turn my face to the wall / if she's gone i can't go on / feeling two foot small
- Take the time to make some sense / of what you want to say / and cast your words away upon the waves
- She smelled like 2am / took him back to her place / where all the saints adorn the wall / delivering her from grace
- Well no one told me about her / the way she lied / well no one told me about her / how many people cried
- Uh-huh, this is beginning to hurt / this is beginning to be serious